Brisket joint of Terrick Beef
(Quantities according to your own particular taste)
- Place brisket joint of Terrick Beef into a casserole dish and pour in sufficient red wine to cover at least one third of the joint.
- Heat over to 200oC.
- Add thyme, black pepper and a few spoonsfuls of redcurrant jelly.
Leave to marinate for an hour.
- Add shallots, garlic, cut up prunes and cut up dried apricots.
- Mix one beef stock cube with some gravy granules and hot water and pour into casserole dish.
- Place beef in oven for 10 mins on high heat, then turn down to 100oC and cook for five hours.
- Check occasionally and turn beef joint over.
- Half an hour before taking the joint out of the oven mix some cornflour with a little water and then pour into the casserole to thicken the sauce.
Serve with cous cous and mashed root vegetables (parsnips, carrots, sweet potato, turnip/swede and butternut squash).